New 528i Detail to address buffer swirling and overall neglect from the previous owner. Vehicle had 16K miles and the previous owner had a hack detail done. Trunk lid and front hood had a significant amount of buffer swirling from a high speed rotary.
- Wash & Decontaminate – Bath with Optimum Wash, Optimum Power Clean, Blue Clay,
- Polish – Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction Compound, SF 2500 Menzerna
- Protection – Prima Amigo, Menzerna Power Lock
- Various Products – Optimum OptiClean, Meguiars Last Touch
- Tires: Optimum OptiBond
- Floor Mats extracted with Biokleen TLC & Biokleen Ultrapac
- Optimum Plus Protectant on vinyl, rubber, misc surfaces
- Leather Master Protection Cream on front leather seats and middle bolster
- Exhaust Tips: Optimum Metal Polish, Steel Wool.
Mediocre before. I had done the interior with a thorough vacuum and spot cleaned stains around the interior. Overall great shape.
From afar the car looks “good”.
Up close, paint was brutalized. For the trunk we can see buffer trails as seen in the white lines. These are burns that have to be repaired.
In progress – right 1/3 of the hood polished no wax. 2/3 of the hood has the rest of the buffer swirling.
After – polished and waxed, far more color saturation and depth.
A proper blue look.