Level 2 Detail: Black Audi A4 in for paint restoration to address swirl marks and hood fading due to usage of a rubbing compound. We were asked to clear up the front windshield due to contamination and overall poor condition. 2 step correction was suggested to restore the paint within 80-90%.
- Cleaning – Chemical Guys Citrus Wash, Optimum Power Clean, Einszett Anti Insekt
- Wheels – Optimum Power Clean various brushes, Liquid Finish’s Special “Super Clean” Solution, Hi-Temp Tire Cleaner
- Decontamination: Blue Clay & CarPro IronX
- Various Polishing Combinations with Buff & Shine and Meguiars Microfiber Pads
- Protection – Prima Amigo & Collinite Insulator Wax 845 on Lenses, Windows, Paint.
- Various Products – Optimum OptiClean, Meguiars Last Touch, Prima Nero
- Tires: Optimum OptiBond
In general in need of a wash.
Under the door you begin to see the damage in need of correction.
Wheels in desperate need of a wash.
Hood damage, not sun damage. Faded sections due to using over the counter rubbing compound.
Swirls! Lots of swirls.
Before of the hood in need of correction.
Notice the 1/2 mark, right side swirls removed and slight polish residue on the paint.
Correction done to safely leave enough paint on the surface without going deeper for the isolated scratches.
In process hood work. Peer into the light mark.
Vehicle protected with Prima Amigo as a base, 2 coats of 845.
Much better despite the worst weather in the world.
Rear bumper was repainted and a completely different tone.
Notice the camera flash? Paint defects removed!