After 4 sessions with the Griots Garage Polisher I’ve made a few observations:
– on/off button tab is real nice: instead of pushing forward and backward the movement is push forward for “on” and to turn off simply pushing down on the tab.
– speed dial is a bit tight when switching speeds. This is a good safe guard not to accidentally bump up speeds
– neck of the body is thin allowing easy movement & grasping. This reduces wear on your grip overtime
– head doesnt get extremely hot, if anything its a tiny bit lower heat then the PC at speed 6. This may vary by every individual, however I felt body heat was never an issue.
– matte black material of the polisher head is a bit annoying, as it could get dirty fast. otherwise nice gripping material.
– handle is mediocre due to its position, more for holding on vertical panels. I could myself just removing the handle and working the top & base of the polisher like my usual 7424 setup.
– due to the loud sound I actually felt the need to use my ear plugs.
– power is darn strong and out classes the PC7424. I found myself regulating between speeds 5 & 2 often during my short sessions.
– vibrations are slightly stronger, but not overbearing for me personally. it will not throb like the PC, but its bearable.
In summary: a definite upgrade that’s stronger, faster, louder. A polisher that gets the job done better than the PC.
Here is some recent work, mainly express/refresh details. 3 in 1 Day, new record: